The remarketing process is critical to the success of any fleet management program.
That's why we've designed a process where each car and truck vehicle is sold individually to achieve the optimal balance between managing the time it takes to sell a vehicle and the selling price of the vehicle.
Every vehicle is viewed either in person or via our online inventory management system, where digital pictures and condition reports are stored. Donlen then relocates off-lease vehicles to the resale channel that maximizes your resale value based on our comprehensive vendor scorecard.
For maximum dollar return and fast turnaround, we are highly selective in the auctions that are used. Our national network consists of a mix of ADESA, Manheim, independent, and specialty auctions. Collectively, these vendors handle most types of fleet cars and trucks.
Live auctions let you earn more for your vehicles. We utilize state-of-the-art industry technology and competitive bidding among hundreds of buyers so you can receive the best value for your vehicles.
With vehicle remarketing, one size — or one remarketing channel — certainly does not fit all. And for those vehicles not best sold through the normal distribution channels, Donlen uses specialty outlets. Specialized vehicles include trucks, wrecked vehicles, construction equipment, and vehicles requiring specialized buyers. Donlen's outlets include public auctions, equipment auctions, truck auctions, highline auctions, powersports, and salvage auctions.
- Public Auctions — These auctions, open to any interested buyer, will generally sell any kind of vehicle. They are especially useful for selling lower-end or lower-priced vehicles.
- Truck Auctions — Donlen uses a network of auctions that principally attract buyers for medium- and heavy-duty trucks. Auctions at these locations generally occur once a month.
- Equipment Auctions — We also have outlets in our network that focus on selling highly specialized vehicles and items, such as forklifts and construction equipment, which may not sell well at a general automobile auction.
- Highline Auctions — To sell high-end cars, Donlen relies on auctions that specialize in these vehicles and attract buyers who do not normally buy typical fleet vehicles.
- Salvage Auctions — We use these auctions to sell vehicles that were involved in an accident or are otherwise damaged. These auctions attract buyers interested in rebuilding cars or buying replacement parts.
Employee and Driver Sales
When employees buy their company vehicle for personal use, it's a win-win situation. Employees get a vehicle they are comfortable with… at a highly competitive price. Corporations earn faster turnaround and a substantial cost savings for their fleet operations while providing an employee benefit.
- Net returns for employee sales are typically hundreds of dollars better than those seen through other channels
- Donlen handles all requisite administration, with driver and employee sale processing times averaging less than two days
Donlen has a successful process to help corporations sell their fleet vehicles to drivers as the vehicles come off lease.
- We will customize an employee sales program for you
- You establish the sales guidelines you prefer for the program
- Donlen handles the entire administrative process, including promoting the sale as the vehicle comes off lease, sending a quote letter, obtaining funds and legal documents from the purchaser, and providing all documents needed to complete the sale
Donlen's remarketing team has two effective channels for employee sales:
- Our Personal Sales Quote Program (PSQP) offers each driver the opportunity to purchase his/her vehicle directly, and can be customized to your guidelines
- Whether participating in PSQP or not, another option is selling or auctioning terminated units to your employee base through the shopcompanycars.com secure website
Other Benefits of Employee and Driver Sales
Your employees will also have the opportunity to take advantage of a financing program we've established with Innovative Funding Services (IFS). This program features:
- Highly competitive flexible or variable rates based on the employee's credit rating
- 100% vehicle financing including taxes, fees, and service plans
- The option of purchasing an extended service plan at wholesale dealer rates
We also offer employee purchasers our "Miles Ahead" program — a comprehensive vehicle warranty that protects buyers from high repair costs and includes towing, rental, and toll-free claim services.